Wednesday, January 18, 2006

New Year's Resolution ATCs

1)Become an Artist

This is paper on a playing card with little things I colored and found...the face is from a sticker, I cut the dress, hat and wings out of paper, drew the legs and the black and white border. I found the little tiny paintbrush and palette at Michael's. (Went in looking for something else! lol!)


2) Journal Freely

This is tissue paper layered over cardstock over a playing card. I stamped the face and the word 'journal' on, then put a layer of beeswax over that. Cut out the little wings for the butterfly and put them on, and traced over 'journal' with embossing liquid. Then I made the little wire and beads thing and glued it on. This one was made ESPECIALLY for 'The Artist's Way' journaling I'm supposed to be doing. I'm not and never have been good at that, but I'm trying!

3)Imagine the Possibilities

This one is just several different tissue papers layered over the scripted cardstock on a playing card. I stamped on the face and the dragonfly then embossed them with embossing powder and glued on the little metal words. I made this one to remind myself of all of the things that are possible for me to do...especially when I get in those negative moods and think, "I can't really do that."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I love them all. Maybe the dragonfly one is my favorite though. Or the one with the little girl! Great job!!! :D

Zorana said...

Your cards are lovely! It looks like you're having fun with them. "Become an artist" is my favorite.

Leah said...

what gorgeous collages!! i love how you made them each as goals/resolutions. And the embossing work is great!

Lori said...

Oh Lauri......

Otter said...

I can tell you had fun with these ATCs. I've never done one but looking at yours makes me want to try!