Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Colors at the Zoo

My parents were visiting last weekend and since the weather was so perfect, we decided to take the kids to the zoo. Usually when you go to the zoo, you think of the animals...but all of these colors started popping out at me, and I decided I needed to take pictures of those, as well.

Just keep in mind, that I am not good at remembering names of flowers, trees and such. So, if you know what it is, please leave a comment and let me know.

This first flower does not even look real! I think it is a Hibiscus, but the stamen isn't sticking out as far as I remember it doing in the Hibiscus we have had before. Anyway, the colors were just gorgeous!


These were the cutest little red berries, and the one and only thing that made me think "winter" the whole time we were there!


I have absolutely no idea what kind of bird this is, because when I saw that blue I was mesmerized! Who could imagine such bright colors in nature...especially on a living thing? This blue what so bright and clear I could never explain it. These birds also have a bright yellow ring around their eyes. Not the greatest picture-it's hard to get good ones through the fence-but I just had to have the blue!


Little purple flowers are always the best...


And here are some more...


And the pink on these birds! The Flamingos aren't even that pink! Birds this pretty normally don't fly-that I know of anyway-but these do. Up in the trees, surrounded by green, they were gorgeous!

1 comment:

Bioethics Bonanza said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this blog thanks for sharing