Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Yesterday was my birthday...

No one remembered. Except my brother. I have the best brother in the whole world!

*Edited: Someone else did remember...my friend Karen! I checked my email after I posted this and found her email to me yesterday morning:

Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 7:21 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LAURI……………….
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
I hope you have a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!
Love

Karen


Back to the blog...
Saturday, however, Steven and I took Ethan and Claire to the pool and Allison didn't want to go. When we got back, she (and Lucy) had thrown together a little Surprise Party for me! There were streamers, a cake, a big present, and even Lucy was all dressed up in her little party dress and a hat! How cute is that? Allison custom made the hat just for Lucy.




Look at the layers of that cake!

They got my age wrong...but since it's younger, I guess that's ok! LOL!

Mmmmm...it was so very delicious!


I bet you are wondering what I got...


The Singer Inspiration 4205! But what about that $4,000 Bernina you already have, you ask? Well, I'm certainly NOT going to allow the children to touch that one, much less sew on it! Allison has been sewing on an old Brother I got long ago that S.U.C.K.S. You can sew about 5 stitches on it before the bobbin screws up. Somehow she plugs along though. Claire is wanting to sew also, and I want to smash that Brother to pieces and use some parts in a collage. Plus, I was wanting something lighter (much lighter!) than the Bernina to bring to classes. So, this is what I asked for.


Here it is right out of the box! I immediately got it all set up to start sewing. But what to sew? Oh! I know...a drawstring bag! Of course, I just now realized I don't have a picture of that but, trust me, it's really cute. And I made it to keep all of the little machine gadgets in. Yeah, there is a place in the machine for that but they look so much cuter in a drawstring bag! Oh-guess I should mention that it actually works great. I would recommend it to anyone who needs just a good, basic machine.


I really just wanted it because of the dial. It just looks very retro to me. I couldn't even wait to get it out of all the styrofoam before I took a picture of it.



Now, if you know me, you know I hate Martha Stewart...Have hated her from day 1. Mostly because I never could stand the way she talks down to people and held herself so much above the general public. Anyway, apparently Martha has put her stamp of approval on this Singer machine. Someone else in the house knows the way I feel about her, so, he added this to her picture...

Buying the machine was worth that alone!!! Sorry to all of the Martha lovers out there but, we will just have to agree to disagree. There was already a little slash/cut mark made into the box there so now I'm REALLY wishing I knew Photoshop, but, now that I have seen this...I want it made into a sticker to put on the back of my Jeep! Maybe for Christmas...

Last but not least...I got these coolest new shoes! Red and White patchwork AND Converse ALL in the same shoe! Really...could there be anything better? Lucy has her eye on them too. But, there are only 2 of them not 4, and I think they are a little big, and she would be tripping all over herself. Most of all, I don't think I share Red and White Patchwork Converse!


But, all of that was Saturday.
Yesterday??? Nothing. Just a regular ol' day. Got to sleep early though. I was passed out by 7:00...sitting around waiting for something to happen is very tiring! After I feel asleep, they all went out to get something to eat, then went and got the kids their new backpacks for school. I found out about all of that this morning, when we were going to drop Allison off for Freshman, uh, I mean, 9th Grade Orientation. (I refuse to believe she will be in High School! How can my child me old enough for High School?!? PLUS the fact that Ethan will be in 4th grade...I never thought we'd make it this long!)

So that was my birthday. All in all, not so bad, since I'll be able to hang this over their heads for yeeeaaarrrrs to come! ha!

By the way...I actually ended up getting to teach a quilting class for children last week! Apparently that particular shop owner isn't very organized, and it was very "on again/off again"...extremely frustrating to me. And always at the very last minute! BUT...it was the most fun I've had in a long time, definitley something I want to do again. I'll post more on that later. Right now...I think I just may have some shopping to do...

6 comments:

Lori said...

Cute shoes! :)

I thought about your birthday last week and then fucking forgot it when it came! :( I was a little distracted. Sorry sweetie.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Is it your 29th?

Monica said...

Happy birthday!!!!!
What!? Allison is going to H.S.?OMG, best wishes for great High school years to her.
Good thing that while kids grow, we get younger, right!? I'll be as young as you are in a few months ;)
Take care.
Monica

KR said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! :)
kristin
reclaiming the home

MichelleB said...

Well, happy late birthday, my dear. Love the doggie outfit (and the doggie). And the shoes are totally cool!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Love the shoes, and the Martha fun.

Anonymous said...

Hello! You crack me up!! Your blogs are so going on my frequently read list...when you start updating again!

I have 6 little brothers so I completely understand about bitch-slapping each other when buckled next to each other (my dad drives a conversion van to keep them seperate)!

Thanks for coming by my blog - I hope to see you around a lot. Oh - and a quick shameless pimp - check out my shop on etsy...tell your friends...but wait until after the weekend so I can add somemore stuff!

Oh - and happy belated birthday and I love the "editing" of the Martha pic!