Thursday, May 06, 2010

Just a quick post...

So you know I haven't dropped off the face of the Earth. What a whirlwind it's been!

The gluten-free diet has been going well, although that was not the whole problem. At the end of March, I got sick again, very sick, and Steven ended up calling an ambulance. I think I was only about half concious when they got here because I only remember bits and pieces. On the way to the hospital my heart apparently stopped beating. They got it going again, but I didn't see any bright lights or anything so, I figure either: 1) I wasn't 'dead' long enough for the things in my brain to start firing off bright lights, or; 2) I'm not going where there will be any bright lights! I'm willing to wait and see, though. I was in the hospital for 5 days and on the 4th day my gall-bladder was taken out. The surgeon had to be talked into it, as he didn't believe that that was the cause of my problem, but...*knocking on wood here*...it was because it's been over a month and I have not been sick even once! I have not gone this long without major vomiting in over a year and a half. I'm almost scared to talk about it because I'm afraid I will jinx it, but I'm feeling so much better I think that I will be ok.

In MUCH BIGGER NEWS: Steven got transferred! To Ardmore, OK! I was a little skeptical at first but when we went up there to look for a house I fell in love with it, and I don't even live there yet! Steven works with lots of people who have lived there before, of course, and everyone has nice things to say about it. It's a small town, everyone seems very friendly and the schools are much smaller. The entire elementary school only has about 250 students. Here, that is just a few students more than just one grade here! We have nine or ten classrooms of 20-22 students each at the school we are in now. There are basically 2 school districts in the area, and both districts COMBINED have about 4,500 students. That is less than the high school that Allison goes to, alone! They say everybody knows everybody, and now I know how that is possible. lol! The best part is that we found a historic house in town...it was built in 1916 by a man who was appointed by President McKinney to be the Judge for that area, and had remained in the same family until about a year or so ago when it was bought by a couple who own the antique store in town, and they renovated the whole thing and made it beautiful again, and managed to keep the original wood floors! Our realtor just told us that the couple is receiving some sort of award from the State of Oklahoma for the great job they did with the restoration. I absolutely cannot wait to get there! I won't have to wait long...we will be moving out of this house around June 7, and our closing date there is June 11. Allison is a little worried because the nearest Target is about an hour away in Denton, TX, which is a suburb of Dallas. It's not a bad drive though, because it's just highway out in the middle of nowhere all the way from Ardmore to Dallas.

So, that's my quick update. Just so's you know...

1 comment:

blop said...

That's alot of news, girl!! I hope your health continues to improve, you have definitely gone thru enough!!
My sister lives in Tulsa, and they like it there. I am glad that you are finding a fab house for your family. Don't envy the moving, but things do get cleaned out, so that is a good thing!