Thursday, January 25, 2007

Something I have owed someone for a long time...

A needlebook. Last August Linda, over at Craft Apple had "the urge to purge", and she sent me some beautiful ribbons! I hated just taking them for free, and offered to make her something in return. She decided on a needlebook. Not so hard, huh? But, I had to go fancy...and kept screwing it up and starting over, like 3 times-because I wanted to try and add some extra features. Well, guess what? It's now January 2007, and I've finished it! Along with some other things...

Here is a picture of the needlebook itself. I patchworked and quilted it, then added a black velvet button and black velvet ribbon for closure.



When you open it up, it has 2 pages of felt for the needles and pins, as well as a little pocket that runs along the bottom to hold some thread or whatever.



This is the back page of the needlebook...it still has the pocket along the bottom, but, I also added a little pocket for scissors. Scissors are a must for any project and you certainly don't want them falling out so, I added a ribbon to tie the scissors in and hold them there.


Well, if you know Linda, you know she is a bag whore, just like me, so I couldn't sent her something without a tote bag to put it in, could I? Here's a shot of the inside of the tote. Big and roomy, with a row of pockets at the bottom of one side, to hold anything from sewing supplies to keys to cell phone to chocolate!


And THIS is a shot of the whole package! The tote page is pieced and quilted, as is the needlebook. I also added some other things...a pincushion, a red tape measure to match and a little glass apple to hang in her window or anywhere she wants.


Now her little projects are totally portable! Thanks so much for the ribbons, Linda, and sorry it took so long to get this too you! After thinking over the year 2006, I realized that my lesson to learn was to not overcommit myself...and now I certainly have!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Great job - wonderful colour combinations. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ms. Artsmith! I just got the whole package yesterday and I am amazed that you would make all that for me!!! And actually I'm feeling a bit guilty about receiving it all. Thank you SO much! You did great with the apple theme, and everything (including the pincushion) is quilted - I love patchwork. I'll post about it soon! :o)

weirdbunny said...

What a fab return gift. She loves alll things quilted. I know she'll adore your gift.