Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Oh. My. GAWD!!!

I have just seen the absolute sweetest quilt ever made! Monica made it for her partner in the Doll Quilt Swap II. You have to click on her name and go take a look right now!

But then come back...

Oh, back already? OK!

I know this is my 2nd post today, but I just had to put that out there. I've been surfin' blogs while taking another break. Still working on Gayla's book. I've dyed my own fabric and paper to use in it, so it will be even more personal. Of course now my hands are all stained, and will be for a while, and that's always fun going out in public! I always forget to put on gloves. Well, I don't think I "forget" really. I think I just unconsciously know that I love the feeling of my hands in all that liquid and messing with the fabric to try and make it come out looking like it is hand dyed, and not just one solid color.

And the best part of making this book? Gayla LOVED chocolate! So of course I had to have something representing chocolate in there, right? Right! And who knows chocolate better than Godiva? That Godiva gold box is like the little blue one from Tiffany's...you know what's inside right away. So...had Steven stop off at the Godiva store (just across the highway from his office) to pick up the little box that comes with 4 pieces. Didn't want to leave those little babies topless, ya know, so I had to eat them. Mmmm.... Now that Steven knows where the Godiva store is, I hope he will be stopping in there more often!

3 comments:

Amy said...

It sounds like you are doing good and it appears you are a great friend :)

Jo Raines said...

You are so far down the list on our expansive ring, I hadn't found you before now since I have always started at the beginning and tried to work through visiting and commenting along. Glad to find you when I started at the end to work backwards! So sorry about your friend. As I get older (44) you really begin to think about the possibility of not being here to see your children grow up and grow old with your husband. My mother died four years ago of cancer. Life is so uncertain. I hope you will find comfort in your memories of your friend/sister, Gayla.

Monica said...

Thanks for the quilt love, Lauri!
I'm so glad your doing an art book for Gayla's memorial, I think that is a good way to ease things around, and of course eating some Godiva also works!
I'm so envying your game room. If mine could look half good as yours I will be the happiest person in the world.
Take care!