Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It's been a while...

Trying to get back to the 'new normal'...in one way I'm glad the kids are home, but in another, that's when I needed Gayla the most! We would call each other and bitch about the kids and just hope that school would start back already! lol!

I have things I want to do, lots of sewing and quilting, but just never do it. I have been reading...A LOT...literally devouring books at the rate of one a day. I guess it keeps my mind off of things. And if I'm not reading, I'm embroidering-which is something I can do without thinking too much, but still know what the kids are up to. And I already have plans for all of the embroidery. I'm actually working on a lot of the 'Aunt Martha' hot iron transfers of the little ducks, kittens, and people doing chores; specifically laundry. Then they will all be displayed in my newly painted with brand new washer and dryer laundry room! Giving that room a good make-over, because I've decided that laundry rooms always get the short end of the stick, and it's just not fair for this one, because it's a big one, sorta, actually. Well, very long anyway, and it has a window at the end. So it has a fresh coat of Sherwin-Williams 'Buttery' paint, and soon the walls will be done.

We are also working on the Game Room. The game room, along with the rest of the upstairs (except for the bedrooms) were also just painted 'Buttery'. The room did kinda have a safari theme, but, since my studio is also being redone and my Frida Kahlo Gallery has been moved out, I have to put it somewhere, so...The game room it is! Way better than safari! Plus, there is room for more pictures than I had in my office. So, lots of 'redoing' going on also. Here's a game room shot...



Breaktime is up. I'm working on an art book that contains the Eulogy I wrote for Gayla that her husband is going to take to Florida and read at her Memorial Service. So, time to get back to that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hwy I love the room!!! I have something for you!! i need your addy!

Elizabeth said...

The game room looks great