Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Here...but on laptop.

That means no pictures. Sorry. You can quit reading if you want, but then you wouldn't hear the news...

Aack! I'll be teaching my first sewing class this Saturday! Nothing big-it's a kids class (well, you don't have to be a kid; just a beginner. You are not allowed to know more than I do. lol!), but I've been wanting to do this for a long time. We will be making a pillow; nice and simple and most importantly, no zippers! lol! I'm really looking forward to it, and I think I will probably be teaching about one class a month because we have been discussing other projects as well. Oh, guess I should say these classes will be at 'my' local quilt shop: Quilter's Point . This really is a cool shop...the kind I would open if I could open my own.

I still want to show you a picture of the t-shirt quilt from the class I took a couple of weeks ago...but, uh...yeah.

Of course, I have my usual half dozen projects going on...getting ready for Saturday, trying to make some things for Valentine's gifts (can someone stop time for me for a few days to give me a chance to actually finish these BEFORE Valentine's Day???), backing and quilting the t-shirt quilt and getting some embroidery samples done to leave at Quilter's Point to try and see if there is any interest with the kids for taking hand embroidery classes this summer.

Well, it's after midnight here, and I'm tired and my legs are sore from laying on
the couch and eating my bon-bons all day. Guess it's time to turn in. I really don't care so much about those piles of laundry so much right now.

1 comment:

chq said...

Yeah for you!!! That is terrific, I bet you'll be a great teacher, and I hope someone gives you a shiny red apple!

Cherri