Monday, April 09, 2007

Apron Mini Swap!

YEA! What a great swap! This was fun-the making and putting together, and the receiving. I actually think making the apron was the most fun, for me, anyway.

I made up a package for Cate and Tess. The only thing I'm worried about is the size of the apron...it's a 'one size fits all' pattern, and I'm not good at altering, so, I know it will be big enough for her to wear for a long time-which I want-but I hope it's not TOO big for now.

The apron I made for Tess is a full 'ladybug' apron. Claire picked out the fabric...and Claire loves ladybugs and thinks everybody should have some, so, ladybugs it was! lol! Here's a shot of the full thing...


And this is a shot of the pocket detail...



And, surprise! The ladybug apron reverses to a bumblebee apron!


Close up of the pocket...



I made this for Cate...a "cup cuff". This was my first try with one of those, and I hope it stays on the cup! Guess I should have paid more attention to that string while I was taking the picture. It's driving me nuts...lol.




Getting everything ready to go...


Here's a close up of the little stuff...place mat, pencils, stickers, Easter Egg Chickie, the buttons I covered, the little bag of vintage buttons and some candies, a couple of fat quarters and the 'cup cuff' thing.





And this is what we received! Oh my gosh, Crystal and Eryn, what a package! Claire got The Cutest Apron Ever, along with a matching oven mitt, her own cookbook and a "Ramona" book by Beverly Cleary..."Ramona the Pest". I love Ramona and had most of her books when I was younger (hmmm, wonder what happened to those?) and if I didn't have it, doesn't mean I didn't read it! I checked a lot out of the library also. Aside from the "Little House on the Prairie" series, "Ramona" was probably my favorite. Then, Crystal added in TONS of fabric! Most of it being Tracy Porter, which I LOVE. I like Denyse Schmidt and Amy Butler and all, but I just really LOVE Tracy Porter! Crystal really knows how to play me! lol! She also included some orange ribbons, which Claire keeps trying to take-orange is her favorite color-but I want a chance to see what I can do with it first. lol!

So, here is Claire in her apron and oven mitt-she loves them so much, and wants me to make her more "mittens". Ladybug ones, especially! lol!



Here's a picture of the whole package-minus the oven mitt because I couldn't get it away from her. I'm just lucky I even got the apron at all!



This is a close up of the books and fabrics.


Thanks so much to everyone...from organizers to all participants, especially Crystal and Eryn! We really had fun!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! She looks so cute in it and I think the reversible apron is sweet as well. Good job!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad everything fit (was a little worried about that). It DOES look adorable on her. I am so relieved you guys like everything.

Your handiwork was quite cute, also (esp the bumblebee fabric). This was fun!

Crystal & Evyn

Anonymous said...

so cute! You've been a busy busy girl!

Elizabeth said...

Both of those aprons are adorable!

Also, I love the fabric on your chair.

Gina said...

WOW - you work so hard and you are so talented, you've got that eye!

Kate said...

Great aprons! Wonderful fabric.

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Claire looks soo cute in that apron! I have the Ramona books for the girls too. And what a great idea making your apron reversible!

discodiva1979 said...

Love the ruffles!!!! It is way cuuute!

latesh said...

Nice Post! I am really impressed with your efforts and really pleased to visit this post.