Wednesday, January 10, 2007

'Cotton Time' Magazine

This is a really cool Japanese magazine I just got...found it on Ebay. LOTS of inspiration in here! Thought I'd post just a couple of things...



These are, I guess, bowl/basket/glass covers. Whatever they are, they are beautiful enough to hang up on a wall as a piece of art! You can make them round or square, using whatever fabrics you like, and add beads and trims around the edges...gorgeous! I would make some for the top of my glass, and walk around all the time with that laying across the top to keep the flies out. Not that there are flies in my home, but, just because I would have to show them off. What's the point of making them if no one is going to see them?



This is the best I could do with showing some instructions, but as you can see, they look pretty self-explanitary.




Now...this project...anyone know what this is, exactly? Since I can't read Japanese, and it was in a section about bathrooms, the best I can assume is that they are holders for toilet paper rolls. Very cute, and DEFINITELY better than the knitted things from the past-just wondering if that is what they really are for.


This is the matching rug-patchworked and so cute! I love this!


There are lots of other projects in the magazine...dog, cat and teddy bear stuffies, purses and stuff like that; but these were pretty unique I thought. Nothing I had seen really before...except for the patchworked rug. Hope this inspires someone!

3 comments:

weirdbunny said...

I love the toilet roll holders ...

Anonymous said...

I love Japanese craft books, so stylishly simple and inspirational.

Dawn said...

I think that what you call toilet roll holders might be for little square kleenex boxes! I have seen something like that in one of my other Japanes craft books!!