Monday, April 23, 2007

Dreary Weekend, Rough Day

UGH! The weather is just awful. The temps are hovering around 70 degrees, and it's as humid as Houston! All clouds and no sun...rain and drizzle off and on. I need some sunshine people!

As far as working goes, I've made lots of progress on the Doll Quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap. However, I'm sad to say, the purse for the Bag Lady swap isn't going as well...for this swap, there were 5 bags to choose from and we chose which one(s) we liked the best and hopefully our swap partner will make us one of those. Well, I got paired with this absolutely fabulous bag/purse maker-and I'm totally serious! She makes gorgeous purses of all kinds, some simple and some very complicated, but all are beautiful. Well, the first one she picked was the hardest one of the group. Wwwaaaaaaayyy beyond my capabilities! So, I was up front with her and told her that I could never make a bag like that that either one of us would be proud of, so she kindly chose one that seemed to be very simple. But for some reason, it just has me stumped, and I don't know why! But mine just comes out all twisted. (sad little LOL!) ha! I think I'm going to just take the rest of the night off, and hopefully start with a clean, fresh head tomorrow. (Let's all cross our fingers, pray, meditate, think positive thoughts, light a candle, whatever it is you do, and hope this will work out tomorrow!)

I think the biggest problem is this cloud of negativity that has been hanging around me, so I'm swishing it all away tonight! I blogged about it on BlogSmith if you wanna hop over there and check it out. I think I'm going to go and take a shower, change my pajamas-because I've been wearing the same ones for a couple of days now-and then relax on the couch with a frosty cold glass of milk and a piece of that Fabulously Delicious Super Duper Chocolate Cake I posted about last month, that the girls and I made this afternoon! That's the recipe for making bad things go away, right? lol!

1 comment:

Marisa said...

I really love your Jeep, and your thoughts on how many times one should recycle PJ's. Not sure if I'm at your same level of clean, but when living out of a suitecase it's a different story.